- Sauerkraut Kielbasa Loaf
- Shaved Pork October Medley
- Orecchiette with Hot Italian Sausage
- Orsi’s Belly Busters Tator Toss
- Pork Ragu with Potato Gnocchi
- French Dip Sandwich
- Baked Cod with Chourico & White Beans
- Breakfast Scramble
- Irish Brisket
- Orsi’s Cheesy Chicken & Rice Gumbo Rumbo
By: Susan C.
A healthy and hearty 30-minute meal for any day. In the autumn, pick up sweet potatoes and apples that happen to be in season, and pair them with our Shaved Pork for a delicious meal.
- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 lb. Old Neighborhood Shaved Pork
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. sweet potato, cubed
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 gala apple, chopped
- 4 baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- black pepper to taste
- Combine the shaved pork, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Cover and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Stir fry the pork with the garlic powder for about three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, cover the pot, and let it simmer.
- After about ten minutes, remove the pot from the stove.
- Drain the pork, making sure to keep the broth. Set the pork and the broth aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato cubes to the pan, and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and the chopped apple to the pan, and cook for about another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth from earlier, the mushrooms, paprika, and the pinch of cinnamon to the pan, cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pork and scallions, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with a bit of black pepper.
- Remove from the stove, plate, and enjoy!