- Chicken Chow Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) with Baby Bok Choy
- Hot & Sour Soup
- Orecchiette with Hot Italian Sausage
- Kielbasa and Clams Linguine
- Sriracha Shaved Chicken Bites
- Steak Tostadas
- Vietnamese Pork & Shrimp Sizzling Crepes (Bánh Xèo)
- Cheese Steak Omelet with Mushroom, Pepper, and Onion
- Chicken and Summer Vegetable Tostadas
- Liz’s Shaved Steak Baked Potato
By: Crystal M. from New Jersey
The winning recipe of the 2013 Old Neighborhood Foods Shaved Meat Recipe Contest!
"Pretty easy recipe with a handful of ingredients for a Mexican-inspired meal. Great for the family!" - Crystal
- Serves: 6
- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Shaved Steak (1 lb.)
- 1 package of pasta shells
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/3 orange pepper, chopped (If not 1/3 of each color, then 1 pepper of any color is fine too)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 can black beans (also optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup panko/breadcrumbs
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over the stove.
- Add the chopped onions and peppers and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the Old Neighborhood Shaved Steak and the taco seasoning, cooking and stirring for another 4 minutes.
- If you wanted the tomatoes and beans, add them and cook for 3 minutes. Otherwise, keep cooking/stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta, half the amount of the green onions and cilantro to the skillet and mix well.
- Pour the skillet contents into a baking dish (preferably a large one like a 13” x 9” one).
- Top with the Mexican blend cheese and the panko/breadcrumbs
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and/or hot sauce! (All optional)