- Orsi’s Belly Busters Tator Toss
- Linguine with Sausage and Asparagus
- Grilled Drunken Sausage
- New England Kale Soup
- Hot & Sour Soup
- Scallion Pancake Steak Roll
- Savory Silver Roll up
- Chicken Chow Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) with Baby Bok Choy
- Stuffed Peppers
- Beef Steak Phở
By: Susan C.
A tasty combination of flavored beef shaved steak wrapped in fresh pan-fried scallion pancakes.
Our full recipe blog post can be found here.
- Serves: 4 rolls
- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 star anise
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 scallions, chopped into 2 inch strips
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5-spice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Vegetable oil
- 5 stalks of scallions, diced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 part broth from beef filling
- 1/2 part hoisin sauce
- Combine all of the beef filling ingredients in a slow cooker, and cook for at least an hour and a half. If you don’t want to use a slow cooker, you can combine all the ingredients in an oven-safe pot, bring it to a boil, cover and transfer to the oven, cooking at 350 degrees for at least an hour.
- For the pancakes, combine the flour and the water in a bowl. Knead until the dough is smooth. Cover in plastic wrap or a damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions.
- Taking one portion and using a rolling pin, flatten it into a 1/4 inch (or thinner) thick circle.
- Spread some vegetable oil on top and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Cover the dough with ¼ portion of the diced scallions.
- Taking one “side” of the circle, roll the dough into a long cylinder.
- Next, roll the cylinder into a pinwheel. Secure the end if needed.
- Flatten the pinwheel with your hand, and then using the rolling pin, roll it into a circle of about 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Coat with a bit of cooking oil.
- Fry both sides of the pancake until browned.
- To make the beef rolls, take one scallion pancake. Take ¼ portion of the cooked beef and line it in the center.
- Next, taking the side closest to you, fold or roll the pancake over the beef, and cut into three portions.
- Repeat steps 4-13 for the remaining 3 portions of dough and beef.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy.