- Sun-Dried Tomato and Sausage Panini
- Sweet & Spicy BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Orsi’s Famous Shaved Steak Hoagies
- Pilgrim Corn Bread
- Beef Steak Phở
- Sautéed Spinach and Chourico
- Sauerkraut Kielbasa Loaf
- Bistec a la Mexicana (Mexican Beef Steak)
- Liz’s Shaved Steak Baked Potato
- Linguine with Sausage and Asparagus
By: Thalia Demakes
Take ‘em tailgating, serve up for soccer team dinner, or pair with your fave pale ale for a perfect football Monday night feast! These pita sliders got punch...and are ready in a pinch!
- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz - 1 LB) Old Neighborhood Shaved Pork (also tastes great with our Shaved Chicken!)
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce, plus more for serving
- freshly cracked pepper
- Kosher salt
- Bag of mini pita bread (sliced open)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly shaved
- hot sauce (optional)
- dried oregano
For the pita bread-
Lay halves on a cookie sheet and place in the broiler to crisp up a bit while you prepare the pork.
For the “pulled” pork-
Preheat a saucepan (or large skillet) over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add pork (taking care to separate layers so it doesn’t clump up) to pan. Season with salt & freshly cracked pepper. Add barbeque sauce and simmer 6-8 minutes, until cooked through. Turn off heat and let rest a few minutes so sauce can set.
Using tongs, stuff mini pitas with pulled pork, and add slices of shaved red onion. Sprinkle with dried oregano & splash with hot sauce (if you like it spicy).
Serve with hot pickled peppers & some cabbage slaw!