- Philly Cheesesteak
- Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry with Noodles & Vegetables
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Stuffed Peppers
- Orsi’s Simple Shaved Chicken On Chombee Soup
- Sriracha Shaved Chicken Bites
- Anita’s Steak Lo Mein
- Hot & Sour Soup
- Shaved Pork Gyro
- Crystal’s Shaved Steak Enchilada Pasta Bake
By: Susan C.
These mini savory beef pies make for great appetizers that you can easily grab with your fingers. If you want to skip the napkins, you can easily use ramekins, covered with pie dough. The choice is up to you!
A more in-depth look at the recipe can be found in this blog post. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 6 oz. Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- prepared pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Taking your prepared pie dough, cut out eight 4-inch circles.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- When the oil is heated, toss in the diced potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beef shaved steak, followed by the salt, garlic powder, thyme, and sugar. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir.
- Add the flour, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for another minute or so.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Create an egg wash using the egg and 1 tbsp. of water.
- Take one pie dough circle and place a bit of the meat mix in the center.
- Line the top half edge of the circle with egg wash.
- Fold the bottom half of the circle over the meat and line it up with the top edge. I found that it is best to do this step in your hands, rather than on a flat surface.
- Use a fork to then “crimp” the edge of the circle, and use a knife to cut a few slits on the top of the half-circle.
- Repeat this for the remaining dough circles.
- Place all the mini pies on lightly greased foil or baking dish.
- Brush a bit of egg wash over each mini pie.
- Cook all of the pies at 375° for about 18-24 minutes, until the dough is lightly browned and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy.