- Steak Tostadas
- Savory Silver Roll up
- Crystal’s Shaved Steak Enchilada Pasta Bake
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Pilgrim Corn Bread
- Baked Cod with Chourico & White Beans
- Orsi’s Simple Shaved Chicken On Chombee Soup
- Orsi’s Savory Shaved Steak Veggie Kluski
- Becky’s Quick Beef Noodle
- French Dip Sandwich
By: Susan C.
An tasty noodle dish served with stir-fried lemongrass beef shaved steak, fresh noodles & herbs, pickled carrots, and a Vietnamese dipping sauce (nuoc cham). Requires a bit of prep time, but it's very easy to make! Stir well before eating.
- Serves: 4
- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 1 package of rice noodles (10-20 oz.), cooked
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil (I used EVOO)
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Mint, whole leaves or sliced
- Lettuce, shredded
- Pickled carrots (see below)
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Bean sprouts (optionally blanched)
- Cucumbers, sliced or julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water, or to taste
Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (Nước chấm):
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Thai chiles, minced or sliced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 10 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Combine the beef shaved steak with the marinade ingredients and mix well. Set aside and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the carrots with the sugar, vinegar, and water to make the pickled carrots. You can vary the water, based on how sour you’d like the pickled carrots. Set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
- As the noodles are cooking, you can prepare the dipping sauce. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a heated wok or skillet, add 2 tbsp. of cooking oil over high heat. Toss in the marinated beef steak and cook until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Once the steak is cooked, you can start plating. In a bowl, place a handful of noodles. Top the noodles with each of the garnishes, and a portion of the cooked lemongrass beef steak. Serve with a side of the dipping sauce.
- Each person should put as much of the dipping sauce as they choose. Stir well and enjoy!