- Orsi’s Simple Shaved Chicken On Chombee Soup
- Cheese Steak Omelet with Broccoli Rabe and Aged Provolone
- Pilgrim Corn Bread
- Corned Beef Breakfast Scramble
- Becky’s Quick Beef Noodle
- Pork Ragu with Potato Gnocchi
- New England Kale Soup
- Orsi’s Cheesy Chicken & Rice Gumbo Rumbo
- Kielbasa and Clams Linguine
- Grilled Drunken Sausage
By: Susan C.
This quick and easy pasta dish uses shaved chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms. The pasta of choice is gemilli pasta with a white wine sauce.
• Recipe blog can be read here.
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 16 oz. gemelli pasta
- 1 lb. package of Old Neighborhood Shaved Chicken Breast
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 cans of artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp. dried parsley flakes (or 1/4 cup fresh parsley)
- 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
In a small pot, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, toss with a bit of oil, and set aside.
As the pasta is cooking:
- Rinse and drain the can(s) of artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes while reserving the oil. If the tomatoes are large, cut them into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- In a skillet heated over medium-high, heat about 2 tbsp. of the reserved oil. Add the shaved chicken breast, and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another 1 tbsp. of reserved oil. Add the garlic and the artichoke heart halves. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then add the mushrooms. Continue cooking for about another 3 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken, salt, and any remaining reserved oil. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and parsley flakes. Stir and cook until all pasta is heated through.
- Serve hot. You may garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve alongside fresh salad.