- Crystal’s Shaved Steak Enchilada Pasta Bake
- Becky’s Quick Beef Noodle
- Cheese Steak Omelet with Mushroom, Pepper, and Onion
- Scallion Pancake Steak Roll
- Black & Blue Sandwich
- Italian Sausage Hors d’oeuvres
- Fall Casserole
- Beef Steak Enchiladas
- Orsi’s Cheesy Chicken & Rice Gumbo Rumbo
- Liz’s Shaved Steak Baked Potato
By: Thalia Demakes
Craving a Steak & Cheese sandwich, but can’t do the carbs? Try these tasty reincarnations!! Prepare fillings in advance - they’ll be ready whenever you get hungry for a taste of Philly!
- Serves: 2
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz - 1 LB) Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 8 oz aged provolone, sliced thin or shredded
Broccoli Rabe & Aged Provolone Filling:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
- Dried red chili flakes (as desired)
- 1 Lemon, zested & juiced
Omelets (makes 4 portions):
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add chili flakes to heated oil. After a minute, add broccoli rabe. Add garlic. Once broccoli rabe has wilted & garlic has browned, add lemon juice & zest. Set aside.
Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add beef, separating layers so it doesn’t clump. Brown on all sides. Season with salt & pepper. Add provolone, and let it melt into the meat. Transfer half of the steak to another pan. Stir contents of each thoroughly. Turn burners to low to keep the meat warm.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, and beat with a fork. Add 1/4 cup milk to the bowl. Season with salt & black pepper. Add mixture to pan. Once underside has browned, flip with a spatula. Add half of the filling. Fold one side over to cover filling, and gently slide omelet onto plate. Repeat this process to create 1 more portion. Garnish each omelet with fresh parsley, and serve!