- Chicken Chow Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) with Baby Bok Choy
- Becky’s Quick Beef Noodle
- Sriracha Shaved Chicken Bites
- Lemongrass Beef Noodle Salad
- Orsi’s Belly Busters Tator Toss
- Liz’s Shaved Steak Baked Potato
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Pork & Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Potato and Sausage Casserole or Frittata
- French Dip Sandwich
By: Susan C.
A Filipino dish with beef shaved steak marinated in soy sauce and fresh lime juice (substituting for calamansi juice), cooked with red onions. Best served with steamed rice.
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red onion, sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- Chives, for garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- water (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Marinate with the beef shaved steak for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high on the stove. Add 2 tbsp. of oil to the heated skillet.
- Add half of the red onion rings. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated beef shaved steak and the marinade to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining red onion rings. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Give it a little taste. If it is too salty for you, you can add a bit of water. For reference, I added about 2 tbsp. of water and cooked for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chives, and serve hot with steamed rice.