- Chicken Gemelli with Artichokes, Mushrooms, & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Shaved Pork Gyro
- 50 Super Ways to Enjoy a Hot Dog
- Turnip (Daikon) Cake
- Rican Cheese Steak
- Mini Beef Pies
- Sauerkraut Kielbasa Loaf
- BBQ Shaved Pork & Sweet Potato Casserole
- New England Kale Soup
- Irish Brisket
By: Susan C.
A Mexican-inspired dish using beef shaved steak, white onions, tomatoes, and green chilies. Quick and easy meal to prepare. Best served with rice or tortillas.
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 medium white onion, sliced in rings
- 2 serrano chilies, sliced (jalapenos can be used if there are no serranos)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- cilantro, for garnish
- Season the beef shaved steak with 1 tsp. each of salt and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over high heat on the stove. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the heated skillet.
- Add in the package of beef shaved steak. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the beef shaved steak from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and toss in the white onion rings. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the tomato slices and the chilies to the skillet. Add 1 tsp. cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add water and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Return the beef shaved steak to the skillet. Cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with tortillas or rice.