- Bistek Tagalog (Filipino Beef Steak)
- Slow Cooker Steak & Peppers
- Chicken Gemelli with Artichokes, Mushrooms, & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Turnip (Daikon) Cake
- Beef Steak Enchiladas
- Chicken and Summer Vegetable Tostadas
- Carne Asada
- Kielbasa and Clams Linguine
- Sauerkraut Kielbasa Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Kielbasa
By: Susan C.
An easy casserole making use of mashed sweet potatoes and bbq shaved pork. The sweet potatoes are combined with maple syrup, corn, cheddar, and scallions for extra texture.
For a more detailed step-through of the recipe, please view the blog post.
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1/4 lb. Old Neighborhood Shaved Pork
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. bbq sauce
- 3/4 lb. sweet potatoes, cubed
- small sliver of butter (roughly 1/3 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup panko
- scallions, diced
- In a medium pot, heat enough water to cover the sweet potatoes.
- When the water is boiling, add in the sweet potatoes, and let it boil for about 20 minutes, until they are tender.
- In a bowl, mix the shaved pork with ¼ tsp. of sugar and ¼ tsp. of salt. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a small pot on medium heat. Add the pork and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth, cover, and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in 2 tbsp. of bbq sauce, and set aside.
- The sweet potatoes should also be done by now. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the sliver of butter and maple syrup. Mash well.
- Add in the frozen corn, ¼ cup of cheddar, a 2/3 portion of the scallions, and mix well.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray. The dishes I used were small, so I used two.
- Layer the bottom of the dish (or dishes) with the mashed sweet potato mixture.
- Add a middle layer of BBQ shaved pork on top of the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Top with 2 tbsp. of cheddar, the remaining scallions, followed by the panko. If you are using more than one baking dish, then divide the portions evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes until the top is browned.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh apple slices.