- Sweet & Sour Kielbasa
- Fall Casserole
- Sweet & Spicy BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Shaved Pork Gyro
- Philly Cheesesteak
- Cheese Steak Omelet with Mushroom, Pepper, and Onion
- Orsi’s Simple Shaved Chicken On Chombee Soup
- Brown Sugar & Ginger Glazed Corned Beef
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Corned Beef Breakfast Scramble
By: Susan C.
These delicious & crunchy chicken taquitos can be served as finger food, party appetizers, or as an entire meal! Loaded with flavor, chicken, & queso fresco, serve these with your favorite salsa. These taquitos can also be kept frozen, to be baked when ready to eat and serve.
- Serves: 4 (with 4 taquitos each)
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb. package of Old Neighborhood Foods Shaved Chicken Breast
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 16 six inch corn tortillas (plus extra in case they break)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Tomatillo sauce, to serve
- Salsa, to serve
- Heat a skillet on medium high. Add oil.
- When oil is heated, add chopped onions. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add shaved chicken breast and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapenos, paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until the chicken is browned.
- Turn the stove off. Add the cheese and cilantro and stir until mixed well.
Rolling the Taquitos:
- Pour ¼ cup of oil into a small skillet and warm it over medium-low heat. Take one tortilla and heat both sides in the oil for about 10 seconds a side. This helps make them more pliable for rolling and helps to reduce cracking and breaking when baking.
- Transfer the heated tortilla to a clean surface. Spoon some filling horizontally in the middle of the tortilla.
- Take the side closest to you, fold it over the filling, and roll the tortilla tightly forward around the filling.
- Place the rolled taquito seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the taquitos for at least 20 minutes at 350 degrees. You can cook them longer to make them crispier if you choose.
- Serve hot with your choice of dips, homemade or store-bought.