July 8th, 2014
With all the fun and food that comes with summer, such as hot dogs, sausages, and anything that you can toss on the grill, it does not hurt to have a few meals that would require you to cook on your standard kitchen stove. So when you’re tired of taking out the tongs or the sun on your backs, give this pasta recipe a try! Who doesn’t have room for Italian night?
While you are free to hand-make your own gnocchi, we tried to keep this recipe quick and simple. With our shaved pork that cooks in such a short time, and pre-made gnocchi that only needs to be boiled, this recipes gives you more time to sit back and enjoy your night.
Pork Ragu with Potato Gnocchi (recipe page)
• 1 package of Old Neighborhood Shaved Pork
• 1 package of pre-made potato gnocchi
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 1 can of diced tomatoes
• 3 garlic cloves, diced
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp rosemary
• 2 tsp thyme
• 2 tbsp sugar
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot or a dutch oven. When the oil is heated, toss in the diced garlic and the chopped onion. Cook until the onions are transparent.
2. Add in the package of shaved pork to the large pot. Cook until the pork for about 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes and all of the remaining spices and flavors. Cook for about another 7-10 minutes.
5. Prepare the gnocchi per package instructions.
6. When the gnocchi is done, you can start serving.
7. Add some gnocchi to half of the bowl and fill the remainder of the bowl with the pork ragu.