February 9th, 2016
With such busy schedules, sometimes it is best to make use of that slow cooker. The following recipe combines our beef shaved steak with a few bell peppers for a flavorful dish. It is an extremely easy dish that saves you time in the kitchen.
• 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
• 3 bell peppers, roughly chopped
• 1 red onion, sliced in rings
• 1 cup water
• 3 bouillon cubes
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
• 2 tbsp corn starch
• chopped parsley
1. Saute the onion rings until browned. This step is optional. If you don’t wish to saute the onions, you can simply layer them raw in step #3.
2. Placed the beef shaved steak at the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Layer the onion rings on top of the beef shaved steak.
4. Top the slow cooker with the chopped bell peppers.
5. Mix the water, sriracha, bouillon cubes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over the peppers and beef shaved steak.
6. Set the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours.
7. Mix 2 tablespoons of corn starch with some of the liquid from the meat and pepper mixture. Add this back to the slower cooker. Stir well.
8. Serve over hot rice, sprinkled with chopped parsley.