October 22nd, 2013
We’re always excited to hear comments about our products, whether they are through our Testimonials Page or emailed to us from our Contact Us page. What’s even better than that, is when satisfied consumers pass on their beloved recipes.[quote]“You know you have an excellent product when people take the time to step away from a meal, to let you know you have made an excellent product! It was the meal I had made for my mother when she came to visit! I was so nervous; she doesn’t let people cook for her. She’d rather visit and do ALL the cooking. So I made my famous Steak Lo Mein. She LOVED IT!!! She froze some to take home with her. I was proud and I have your shaved steak to thank for making it a little easy on me. Perfectly tender, juicy, tasteful! And by the way, I see you don’t have a recipe for Steak Lo Mein. I’d love to share my recipe with the site. I also do an excellent beef and broccoli! Thanks again. I buy two packages weekly!”
-Anita, Allentown, PA[/quote]
Anita’s Steak Lo Mein (see her recipe page here)
What you will need:
• 1 package of Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
• 1 box of thin spaghetti, broken in half
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 red onion sliced
• 1 tsp. ground ginger
• 1 green pepper sliced
• 1 red pepper sliced
• 2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
• soy sauce to taste (about 4 tbsp.)
• 2 tbsp. cornstarch
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning
• cracked black pepper
• Water chestnuts
• Chinese mustard (I have to have it)
• Duck sauce
1. Cook spaghetti 7 minutes
2. Heat oil in a large skillet, add vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the Old Bay Seasoning and ground ginger.
4. Add the shaved steak, cooking until steak is browned the way you would enjoy any other steak!
5. Mix 4 tbsp. of soy sauce, 2 tbsp. of corn starch and ½ cup water.
6. Add to your shaved steak and vegetables skillet.
7. Mix all together, sprinkle with black pepper, and enjoy!
Anita, thank you so much for the raves about our Shaved Steak and for the recipe!